Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
In The Trouble with Christmas, Lily and Avery bake a huge batch of decorated Christmas cookies. Avery loves using sprinkles and shiny silver beads on her Christmas tree shaped cookies.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cookie Cutters: Holiday themed, of course! Lily and Avery love Christmas trees and candy canes
- Parchment paper
- Desired decorations: sprinkles, beads, icing, glaze (recipe included below)
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Beat sugar and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture beating just until blended
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions; flatten each into a 1/2-inch thick disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes
- Working with one disk at a time, place on a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Chill another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Decorate as desired!
Key Lime Glaze
(based on Southern Living magazine recipe)
Stir together 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tsp lime zest, 2 tbsp Key lime juice, 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt until smooth. Stir in up to 2 tsp water, 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency.