Tule’s one goal is to publish fantastic stories by the best writers. We want to delight our readers and satisfy our authors’ desire for creativity, freedom, and commercial success. Many of our authors are from the traditional NY world of publishing, with an existing reader fan base.
Our books are the heart of our site, our business, and our passion. We have imprints to suit every mood and taste — and there are more, coming soon!
The authors we publish all have unique styles and terrific voices. You’ll become a big fan, if you aren’t already!
Want to learn about new books, coming events, maybe a contest or two? Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about what’s going on – special offers, contests and the inside scoop on all the action.
Welcome to Tule!
Tule Publishing brings you the best in commercial fiction, from romance to chick-lit to compelling women’s fiction. Whether you’re in the mood for sexy or sweet, Tule brings you fresh, modern, and exciting plots and beloved classic romance. Each of our imprints brings you something different, and there’s something for everyone!
Tule is currently accepting submissions for the 2024 calendar. Please note that we are currently accepting mystery submissions in addition to romance and women’s fiction manuscripts. We recognize that love is both universal and personal and we are always interested in original story telling and diverse experiences. We are currently seeking stories with unique and diverse voices for all imprints.
Specific Submission Calls:
- Stories with diversity
- Cozy mysteries
- Crime fiction
- Psychological thrillers
- Detective stories (especially with female sleuths)
- Fresh takes on classic romance tropes
- Strong, savvy heroines
- Romantic comedies
- Stories with series potential
To learn more, we encourage you to read our submission guidelines.
Who can submit to Tule?
- Tule Publishing accepts both agented and unagented submissions. Tule welcomes authors of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, gender identities, and ages and respects how all authors choose to identify.
What romance subgenres are you looking for?
- We are currently looking for #ownvoices, small town contemporary, sweet cinematic romances, and more! For more specific information, please visit our submission page.
Is Tule a full-service publisher?
- Yes, Tule covers professional editing, cover art, formatting, e-conversion, and marketing support. We are similar to a traditional publisher in that sense, but on a smaller scale.
Do you take previously or currently published submissions?
- No, we do not take currently published or previously published submissions. Please feel free to submit your unpublished work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an author, can I use a pseudonym or stock photo to represent myself?
- We respect each author’s privacy and allow pseudonyms to be used. Because some of our authors use a pseudonym, we understand an author may not want to use a real photo. In this instance, an author logo can be used instead. We do not permit the use of stock photos.
How do I find out about upcoming releases?
Even though Tule Publishing focuses on e-publishing, all of our books are also available virtually at major retailers (Amazon, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, GooglePlay, and Smashwords) with over half also available from Ingram, as both print and digital. If you are a bookseller interested in carrying books published by Tule for print, please visit our Contact Us page and complete the form. A Tule sales professional will contact you within 24 hours.
If you’re interested in submitting a manuscript for possible publication, please review our submission guidelines.
It’s easy to keep up with all things Tule. To make sure you never miss a new release or fantastic giveaway, sign up for our newsletter here!
Our newsletter goes out once a week and covers latest releases and any other pertinent information at the time.
To keep up with all things Tule Mystery only, you can also subscribe to Tule Mystery News.
Who We Are
Tule Publishing is a small publishing house that focuses on authors. Our emphasis is e-publishing first, then print for selected titles. Tule’s publishing calendar is full for 2023, but we are accepting submissions for 2024.
- A full-service publisher. We pay for professional editing, cover art, formatting, e-conversion, marketing support, social media.
- Selective. We do not accept every submission.
- Generous. Our contracts for accepted work yield high percentages for the author.
Tule is not:
- A self-publisher. We accept only manuscripts that fit our quality standards and imprint descriptions.
- A cooperative publisher. We require no financial input from you, just quality writing and marketable books.
- A volunteer operation. We employ experienced professionals to edit, format, e-convert, publish, and market your manuscript in the most successful way possible.
Tule is Also:
- Tule Productions, an exciting offshoot of everything we’re doing with books at Tule Publishing!
Tule Productions was founded in 2015 by author and Tule Publishing founder Jane Porter. A necessary next-step in telling the Tule stories that readers have come to love, Jane endeavored to find a path to production for some of the many Tule books that readers know and love. Tule has more than a dozen properties under option and in various phases of production. We look forward to the exciting journey into this next phase for Tule Publishing which is Tule Productions. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Jane Porter – Founder & CEO
Margaret Marr – Managing Director & Representative
Meghan Farrell – Executive Editor
The following Tule books have been turned into films:
The Art of Us by Teri Wilson – Hallmark (2017)
A Bramble House Christmas by C.J. Carmichael – Hallmark (2017)
Falling for You by Jessica Gilmore – Hallmark (2018)
Holiday Hearts by Barbara Ankrum – Hallmark (2019)
Jingle Bell Bride by Scarlet Wilson – Hallmark (2020)
An Autumn Romance (The Tycoon’s Kiss) by Jane Porter – GAC Family (2021)
Boyfriends of Christmas Past by Erika Marks – Hallmark (2021)
The Christmas Contest by Scarlet Wilson – Hallmark (2021)
Jingle Bell Princess by Barbara Dunlop – GAC Family (2021)
A Christmas Miracle for Daisy by Jane Porter – GAC Family (2021)
Long Lost Christmas by Joan Kilby – Hallmark (2022)