Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
Who wouldn’t want to eat at Marietta, Montana’s Main Street Diner? Check out their Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chop recipe and be sure to stop by and visit Paige Joffe (when is that girl not working?)
Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 145 degrees. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops; keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
While your oven pre-heats, start reading Book 4 in the Taming of the Sheenans series, Paige and Dillion Sheenan’s story, by NYT and USA Today bestselling author Jane Porter!