Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
- 25 g butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to moderate heat.
- Line two trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Mix in ginger and cinnamon, sweetened condensed milk and egg.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder. Mould mixture into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Cut dough in half. Roll out between sheets of baking paper or on floured bench. Cut out gingerbread men or other Christmas shapes. Repeat with rest of dough.
- Bake until golden. Cool and decorate but most of all enjoy.
Happy Christmas :)
Mmm…. going to try this Alissa!!!