Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Put parchment paper or light coating of nonstick spray on cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt then gradually add to the batter. Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts and both kinds of chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle cookies lightly with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven, and transfer the cookies to cooling racks.
When she’s not writing books, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shirley Jump competes in triathlons, mostly because all that training lets her justify mid-day naps and a second slice of chocolate cake. She’s published more than 60 books in 24 languages, although she’s too geographically challenged to find any of those countries on a map. Visit her website at www.ShirleyJump.com for author news and a booklist, and follow her on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/shirleyjump.author for giveaways and deep discussions about important things like chocolate and shoes.