Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
Credit to Ambitious Kitchen for this delicious recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- For rolling mixture:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and set aside. Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan until foam starts forming. During this process, keep whisking the butter. When the butter starts to brown, immediately transfer to a bowl. Let the butter cool for a few minutes.
- Using an electric mixer to combine the butter and 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until well blended. Gradually, beat in the egg, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Incorporate the dry mixture gradually and beat on low until combined.
- Chill your dough in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon into a separate bowl.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Once finished, cover in cinnamon sugar.
- Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until the edges are slightly toasted.
Writing stories since she was a young girl, Lara’s dream of being a novelist became a reality with her Men of Honor Series.
An avid reader, she worked as a book reviewer for 18 years with various organizations such as Crossings Doubleday, YouthWorker Journal, and www.radiantlit.com.
Lover of movies, music, art, travel, baseball, CrossFit and her dog, Lara lives in California with her husband, teenage daughter, and teenage twin boys.