GIVEAWAY! Tell us why you’re excited to read In With The Tide for a chance to win a print copy. Readers in U.S. are eligible. Please leave your email address in the comments so we can contact you if you’re the winner.
Hello, Tule Readers! I’m so excited to be here with you to share a little bit about myself and my new release, In With the Tide. As a New England native, I spent a lot of summers on Cape Cod with my family. There’s something so peaceful about the cozy cottages with weathered cedar shingles, and golden sea grass that clusters on the rolling sand dunes. Treasures can be found in the quaint shops on Main Street in Chatham, and if you’re patient they often wash in with the tide in the form of shells and sea glass. Treasure is also found in the form of new beginnings for Lindsey Hunter and Damien Trent.
Lindsey never imagined she’d be returning to her Cape Cod home pregnant and divorced, but she’s determined to build a new life for her and her unborn baby. When car trouble leaves her stranded on the side of the road, ex-Marine Damien Trent rides to the rescue on his motorbike. Once upon a time, they’d been friends and briefly, they’d been something more…until he enlisted and left her behind. As Lindsey and Damien reconnect, the attraction is still as strong as ever. But Lindsey’s knows Damien’s not the staying kind.
Damien would rather do anything than come home to deal with his father’s estate. After years of abuse, he was more than ready to leave town the moment he graduated. With Lindsey back in his life, everything is complicated. He’s used to being a lone wolf – until Lindsey and her newborn baby give him a glimpse of the kind of family and future he’s always dreamed of. Can he be brave enough to reach out and grab it?
I hope you enjoy the first book in the Cape Cod Shore series! Now, let’s get to know each other!
- I live in Massachusetts with my 6-month-old and four-year-old daughters and husband. I’m a dog person (really any kind of animal person), and when I met my husband for the first time, he fibbed and said he was a dog lover, too. Now he’s stuck with a life filled with dogs—but I secretly think he adores them.
- I love being in nature. Kayaking on a quiet lake is one of my favorite adventures. There’s so much to be seen when you slow down and just enjoy the scenery around you. As time has passed and life has gotten much busier, I don’t make time to go often, but I have great memories of days spent exploring with my grandfather, Martin, and my first Boston Terrier, Darcy, who loved to sit on the front of my pink kayak.
- I’m a vegetarian, and my favorite food is eggplant—parmesan to be exact—but I’ll take it in any form.
- My ideal vacation would be a family trip to Disney World. The hospitality they provide to their guests is its own kind of magic. Recently though, we took our oldest to Great Wolf Lodge for an overnight and it was fantastic! It’s an indoor water park and resort with a wilderness theme. If you have little ones, I would highly recommend it!
- There are a few things really close to my heart: Down syndrome, autism, and congenital heart disease. I have three very special immediate family members with these conditions and I am constantly amazed by their strength and unique abilities.
Thank you for spending time with me, and I hope you enjoy my new release!
Charlee is a New England native who lives with her husband, daughter, two rambunctious dogs, a cat, and numerous reptiles. When she’s not spending time with her tight-knit family, she enjoys curling up with a book, practicing yoga, and collecting Boston Terrier knick-knacks.