M.A. Guglielmo is a neurosurgeon, mother of two awesome daughters, and a life-long fan of speculative fiction. Her Italian grandmother may or may not have been able to cast the evil eye on difficult neighbors, and Maria loves telling a good story, especially if magical curses and witty villains are involved.
Her interest in Middle Eastern politics and culture inspires her to incorporate mythology and folklore from the region into her writing projects. After having the wits scared out of her by ghost tales told to her over a campfire in the Moroccan Sahara, she’s come up with a plan to travel to all the potential settings for her novels. Since those include the mountain-ringed home of the Jinn and a modernized version of the Greek Underworld, some items on her bucket list might be harder to achieve than others.
Maria was born and raised in Rhode Island, and graduated from Yale University with a degree in biology. She completed her M.D. degree at Brown University, and went on to finish her neurosurgical residency there. After several years enjoying the company of sunny friends and overcast skies in Portland, Oregon, she moved back to Rhode Island, where she’s a neurosurgeon in academic practice. She lives there with her two daughters, assorted pets, and is always dreaming of the stories that can come out of her next travel destination.
M.A.'s Books with Tule:
More to Explore:
- PRICE TO PAY: Release day blog post featuring M.A. Guglielmo (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing June 2021 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- 24 Days of Cookies — Delicious Recipes From Your Favorite Authors! (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Author Q&A: M.A. Guglielmo discusses fallen angels and Persian folklore! (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing May 2020 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing September 2019 Releases (via the Tule Blog)