Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
This recipe is always a crowd pleaser in our family and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s the perfect addition to your holiday festivities.
– Susan Sands
Shrimp or Crawfish Pasta
What you need:
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 6 – 8 oz. Velveeta
- 2 Tbs. of pickled jalapenos
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 – 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 bunch green onions chopped small
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- Garlic (minced or chopped) or garlic powder
- Tony Chachere’s to taste
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tsp. celery flakes or 1 stalk chopped celery
- Shredded cheddar to top
What to do:
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery, Tony’s, onion powder and sauté until soft. Add peeled and deveined shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink or crawfish are hot.
3. Cube Velveeta and add to pan, and melt into mixture on low heat.
4. In a bowl, whisk together flour in cold milk until smooth. At low fire, add milk/flour mixture. Use whisk to combine until blended. You can add a little at a time until desired thickness is reached. If mixture becomes too thick, add a bit more milk.
5. In a 13 X 9 pan, combine egg noodles and shrimp/crawfish sauce mixture. Top with shredded cheddar. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.