Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
This is one of my favorite cookies, perfect for the cooler winter weather in the northern hemisphere. This has the usual warming spices, plus crystallized ginger for an extra kick. The characters make these cookies in The Billionaire Cowboy’s Christmas, book 1 in the Accidental Billionaire Cowboys sweet romance series. Who wouldn’t want to be a billionaire? Turns out winning the lottery causes as many problems as it solves.
– Kris Bock
Gingery Molasses Cookies
These molasses cookies get an extra kick with two kinds of ginger! Note that this recipe needs to be chilled before baking. Liquid molasses makes the cookie batter very soft. Chilling creates a firm dough.
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
¼ cup molasses
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cloves
½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
Tip: Dark molasses gives the cookies a stronger molasses flavor. Light or mild molasses provides less flavor.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, molasses, and egg.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and all spices. Pour this into the butter mixture and blend well. Stir in the crystallized ginger.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the cups of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop spoonfuls of dough and roll them into 2-inch balls in your hands. Place each ball in the cup of a muffin tin.
- For soft, gooey cookies, bake about 10 minutes, until the edges look firm but the middle is still very soft. For crisper cookies, bake 12-14 minutes, until they look firm in the middle.
- Rest the cookies in the muffin tin for five minutes. Then remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
Tip: You can also make these cookies on a regular baking sheet. They spread a lot though, so using the muffin pan results in thicker cookies.
In the Accidental Billionaire Cowboys series, a Texas ranching family wins a billion-dollar lottery. They’re advised to go into hiding, but they have animals needing care. They’ll have to stay and fend off envious friends, scammers, and fortune hunters. Can they build new dreams and find love amidst the chaos?
“I was hooked from the start. This book series just keeps getting better.”
“Kris has created a beautiful family with special significant others. I highly recommend this book and series.” – BookBub Reviews
Kris Bock writes romance, mystery, and suspense. In the Accidental Detective series, a witty journalist solves mysteries in Arizona and tackles the challenges of turning fifty. The Furrever Friends Sweet Romance series features the employees and customers at a cat café. Watch as they fall in love with each other and shelter cats. Sign up for the Kris Bock newsletter and get a free Furrever Friends novella, a printable copy of “22 recipes from the cat café” and an Accidental Detective short story, plus fun content about cats, announcements of new books, sales, and more.
Kris also writes a series with her brother, scriptwriter Douglas J Eboch, who wrote the original screenplay for the movie Sweet Home Alabama. The Felony Melanie series follows the crazy antics of Melanie, Jake, and their friends a decade before the events of the movie. Sign up for the romantic comedy newsletter to get a short story preview or find the books at all E-book retailers.
Find Kris: Website | Blog | Twitter/X | Instagram | TikTok | Facebook | GoodReads Author Page | BookBub | Amazon US page or Amazon UK page