Kate Hewitt wrote her first story at the age of five, simply because her older brother had written one and she thought she could do it too. That story was one sentence long—fortunately, they have become a bit more detailed as she’s grown older.
She studied drama in college and shortly after graduation moved to New York City to pursue a career in theatre. This was derailed by something far better—meeting the man of her dreams who happened also to be her older brother’s childhood friend.
Ten days after their wedding they moved to England, where Kate worked a variety of different jobs—drama teacher, editorial assistant, church youth worker, secretary, and finally mother.
When her oldest daughter was one year old, she sold her first short story to a British magazine, The People’s Friend. Since then she has written many stories and serials as well as novels. In 2007 she received ‘The Call’ from Mills & Boon for her first Harlequin Presents novel, The Italian’s Chosen Wife. Since then she has written over 25 books for Harlequin, and also writes women’s fiction for Carina UK and Lion Hudson Press. She loves writing stories that both tackle tough issues and celebrate the redeeming power of love.
Besides writing, she enjoys reading, traveling, and learning to knit—it’s an ongoing process and she’s made a lot of scarves.
Kate lives in a tiny village on the northwest coast of England with her husband, five young children, and an overly affectionate Golden Retriever.
Kate's Books with Tule:
More to Explore:
- Tule Publishing November 2019 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing October 2018 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing July New Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Kate Hewitt Willoughby Close series giveaway! (via the Tule Blog)
- Mother’s Day Recommended Reads: Part 2 and introducing OVERDRIVE (via the Tule Blog)
- Book 3 in the Willougby Close series by Kate Hewitt is here! (Tule News)
- Meet Me at Willoughby Close Released Today (Tule News)
- Check out what’s coming this week! (Tule News)
- Megan Crane and Kate Hewitt Named 2015 RITA Finalists! (Tule News)