Delicious recipes straight from the kitchens of your favorite Tule authors.
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced. Any apple will do, a baking apple makes a moister cake, an eating one a crisper one.
- 1 cup (225g) self raising flour – if using all purpose add the usual amounts of baking soda
- 2 sticks (225g) softened butter
- ½ cup golden castor sugar plus more for sprinkling
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 f
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth
- Beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour and cinnamon smoothly. If your batter isn’t a dropping consistency, add a tablespoon of milk until it is.
- Line the bottom of the cupcake cases with slices of apple so the bottom is covered
- Fill each case to about ¾ full
- Top each cake with more slices of apple
- Mix several tablespoons of brown or golden castor sugar with a tablespoon of cinnamon
- Sprinkle the tops of each cake
- Bake in the oven for approximately 18 minutes. If a skewer doesn’t come away clean bake for another three-five minutes.
An ex au-pair, bookseller, marketing manager and seafront trader, Jessica now works for an environmental charity in York. Married with one daughter, one fluffy dog and two dog-loathing cats she spends her time avoiding housework and can usually be found with her nose in a book. Jessica writes emotional romance with a hint of humour, a splash of sunshine and a great deal of delicious food – and equally delicious heroes.