Born and raised in the Lone Star state of Texas, Debra grew up among horses, cowboys, wide open spaces, and real Texas Rangers. Pride in her state and ancestry knows no bounds and it is these heroes and heroines she loves to write about the most. She also draws upon a variety of life experiences including working with abused children, caring for baby animals at a major zoo, and planning high-end weddings (ah, romance!).
Debra’s real pride and joys, however, are her son, an aspiring film actor, and a daughter with aspirations to join the Federal Bureau of Investigation. (more story ideas!) When she isn’t busy writing about tall Texans and feisty heroines, she can be found cheering on her Texas Tech Red Raiders, or heading off on another cruise adventure. She read her first romance…Janet Dailey’s Fiesta San Antonio, over thirty years ago and became hooked on the genre. Writing contemporary western romances, is both her passion and dream come true, and she hopes her books will bring smiles…and sighs…to all who believe in happily-ever-after’s.
Debra's Books with Tule:
More to Explore:
- Tule Publishing August 2021 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- THE RANCHER RISKS IT ALL: Release day blog post featuring Debra Holt (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing July 2021 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Father’s Day 2021 Recommended Reads (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Author Q&A: Debra Holt loves writing in Texas! (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing June 2021 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing April 2020 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing March 2020 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Tule Publishing February 2020 Releases (via the Tule Blog)
- Publishers Weekly Reviews True Blue Cowboy (Tule News)